Thursday, February 26, 2015

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor


THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG ONE…. I AM SORRY….

NOT...
Once upon a time.... 
I am obsessed and love the band Imagine Dragons with my whole heart. I have loved them for FOREVER!!! I have had many amazing opportunities to have gone to some of their concerts. One of which included a lot of luck I was on the FLOOR, FRONT, annnnnd CENTER!!! With being where I was I got one of the drum sticks that Dan and Wayne switched off playing with. They had played the drums so hard it flew out of their hand and onto the floor by the body guard. The body guard was then the best and gave it to me!!! I then began to freak out and thought my night could not get any better.... BOY was I WRONG!!!! The concert went on and after Dan hit the last note on Radioactive he then tosses THE RADIOACTIVE drumstick down to ME ABBY LEE!!!!!!!!!!!! My life was then complete..... I also got to hold Dan's hand ;) the greatest!!! So it was a pretty great night..... 
As time went on they worked on their new album and it felt like an eternity for them to even release an announcement they they were even working on something! They went under the radar completely and it was driving me CRAZY!!! Eventually they made all of their profile pictures completely black and also posted just black photos. It sure caught a lot of fans attention and we all then began to wonder and question what was going on. As days and weeks went by they released pictures on their social media sites with random shapes and quotes on them... It was all so confusing and random.They then released "I Bet my Life" You best believe I was on iTunes refreshing my feed and bought the single the second it came out and loved every second of it, I then showed all of my friends and team mates the next day. Time went on and they released their amazing music video.... (Go watch ALL of their music videos you WILL fall in love with them) They then released "Gold" at first I was skeptical of the song but as I really listened to the words of the song I fell in love with it. Yes, they had done it again.... They then FINALLY released a date of February 17 was when they would release the whole album. Dallin and I of course pre-ordered it. The wait then began.... 

The day FINALLY came!!! Dallin and I bought it the second we could and of course jammed out to every song and loved all of them. At first I really did not like the song "Friction" it just did not have the "Imagine Dragon" sound to it, for me at least... I even deleted it off of my playlist :( 
So the week went by of us listening to it non-stop at home, in my car, while I was walking from class to class, while I was studying, showering blasted as loud as it could, just chilling at home it was on repeat!! SOOOO side note.... I had seen one of their tweets earlier that month saying something along these lines.... "We will be performing in all of our old spots. Keep your eye out" I instantly FREAKED out and KNEW they would perform at The Velour in Provo for sure!!! So I was on the ball and literally checking all of their social media a couple times a day and keeping up on where they were. 

Soooooo..... This last Friday (February 20, 2015) Imagine Dragons were guests on the show Ellen they did a performance for her and then a LUCKY girl from the audience got to go on three shows with them... I was like WOW why not meeeee?!?!?!?!? But I got over it... Kind of.... I went out and did my normal activities on a typical Friday night... I had a race the next day so I got home early and got ready for bed and put all of their albums on shuffle and went to sleep. Saturday morning came much to quickly..... I then had the nervous butterflies and got up and started getting ready for race day. Little Emma had a cheer showcase that morning so my whole family packed up and headed to that before we made our journey to Weber State for my race. Emma did AMAZING in her routine :) she will be an amazing cheerleader one day! After her performance I then felt the urge to throw some tumbling for fun and for not throwing my back tuck in nearly 5 months I LANDED it!! haha So I was like "Heck ya today is gonna ROCK" So then my dad and I headed up to my race. It was quiet adventurous to say the least.... We made it, I raced okay, could have been better but also could have been a lot worse... So my mood was kind of low. We than headed back to little old Orem and brought my teammate/really good friend Shevaun home with us. We then started to make plans on what we wanted to do for the evening because we were really tired. But before we got home we begged my dad to take us to Ivies Juice Bar in Provo (THE BEST PLACE EVER)... He gave in of course ;) 

So we go to Ivies, our phones are nearly dead we get our Acai Bowls eat em up and leave. (REMEMBER THAT PART!!!) We then drop Shevaun off at her apartment so she could shower and get ready to chill. I then go home and do them same... I drove back and got her and we headed to the basketball game. We almost died on the way.... But that is a completely different story... haha....
We got there sat down and were watching the game I then pulled up my twitter and began reading tweets... And BOOM Imagine Dragons tweeted four tweets in a row and I had missed them. 
Tweet One
"Can't get in to Velour tonight? Go to University Ave and 100 N under the white clock NOW. First few people..." 
(LIKE WHAT I WAS TWO DOORS AWAY FROM THAT WHEN THEY TWEETED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart was broken...... I HAD MISSED IT!!!!! THE ONE TIME I WAS NOT CHECKING MY PHONE I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!) 
Tweet Two 
"Hurry" 
(UGHHHH I could have totally walked as slow as a turtle and got tickets to their private show at the Velour :(:(:(:(:( I was so sad) 
Tweet Three 
"Two left" 
(tears were rolling down my cheeks)
Tweet Four
"That's all!! See you soon Velour" 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I then was freaking out and telling Shevaun and was SO SO SO sad... 
Shevaun thought I was crazy and stupid for being a cry baby about this..... We then watched the rest of them game and talking to our friends on the soccer team about all that had happened and how devastating this was... 
I then said "Shevaun can we PLEASE just drive down to The Velour and peer into the windows and listen outside?!?!?!? PLEASE!!!!!!" she then agreed to coming, but was not happy about it... hahah (sorry) 
I then invited all of our other friends and they turned me down saying there is no way, come over when you are done. I said "FINE, see ya :)" 

So Shevaun and I make the journey down to The Velour.... We take literally THE LONGEST way possible... We finally drive past it and there are soooo many people standing in front of it. My heart sunk because I had some hope of getting in or even seeing them through the windows. BUT I still had faith we parked forever away and literally got out of my car and SPRINTED of what seemed an eternity... (good thing we run for a living) ha 
We get to The Velour and I hear them playing the song "It's Time" 
Shevaun and I slowly sneaked up to the front and got to look through the glass windows and we could see the top of their heads and we began to freak out. 
NO joke... After a few seconds of standing there a woman opened the doors and said "I will be taking some of your guys in, stand in a line and I will count off and give you a VIP pass to go in." 
(I STARTED PRAYING THAT SHE WOULD COUNT ME) 
Shevaun and I stood still and didn't move a muscle. She started counting off. I was four and Shevaun was six!!!!!!!!!!!! She then handed us our VIP passes and we GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I then went into complete shock and yes shed some tears of happiness that we MADE IT!!!!
As we got settled into the crowd I began to look around and soak it all in. As I was looking around I noticed that there were not very many people in there and how LUCKY we were.
I then called my mom and brother to tell them where I was.... Our conversations went along these lines...

"MOM!!!! Guess where I am?!?!" "I have absolutely no idea with you Abby...." "MOM I AM AT THE IMAGINE DRAGONS CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "You are NOT!!!!! I hate you..... HOW did you get in??" I then explained and said I gotta go :) 

"Dallin!!!! Guess where I am?!?!" "Not a Imagine Dragons concert!" "Actually... (put the phone on speaker and held it up) YES I am!!!!!!!!!!" " I hate youuuuuuu" "Love you Dallin tell you the story later!!!" 

Shevaun and I were lucky enough to get autographed albums AND Waynes guitar pick!!!! 
So basically the odds were in our favor and that night will last a lifetime. This will sound cheesy but I do not care... 
I will forever be an Imagine Dragons fan :) 


Shevaun and I MADE IT 
VIP 

SOOOO HAPPY 


Picture with their cut outs after 

Soooo I love Dan…. and socks and sandals haha
Their original Tour Bus :) 

Love this girrrrrrllll

I…. LOVE… HIM….

I took this ;)
Oh and this!!



Side note.... I would click on the little youtube sign in the bottom right corner and 
open it up in youtube so you can make it full screen :)